Go Back   Lao Spirit > Jobs, Careers, Money, and Business
Register FAQ Members List Chat Room Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2007, 05:43 PM

Georgia Boy is on a distinguished road

Corporate Lesson 2

A Priest was driving along and saw a Nun on the side of the road. He stopped
and offered her a lift which she accepted. She got in and crossed her legs,
forcing her gown to open and reveal a lovely leg. The Priest had a look and
nearly had an accident.

After controlling the car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg. The Nun looked at him and immediately said, "Father, remember Psalm 129?"

The priest was flustered and apologized profusely. He forced himself to remove his hand. However, he was unable to remove his eyes from her leg. Further on while changing gear, he let his hand slide up her leg again.

The Nun once again said, "Father, remember Psalm 129?"

Once again the Priest apologized. "Sorry sister but the flesh is weak." Arriving at the convent, the Nun got out gave him a meaningful glance and went on her way. On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to retrieve a bible
and looked up Psalm 129.

It read, "Go forth and seek, further up, you will find glory."

Moral of the story: Always be well informed in your job, or you might miss a great opportunity!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:47 PM

Georgia Boy is on a distinguished road

Corporate Lesson 3

A sales representative, an administration clerk and their manager are
walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a
genie comes out in a puff of smoke.
The Genie says, "I usually only grant three wishes, so I'll give each of you just one."

"Me first! Me first!" says the admin clerk. "I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world." Poof! She's gone.

"Me next! Me next!" says the sales rep. "I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of pina coladas and the love of my life beside me." Poof! He's gone.

"OK, you're up," the Genie says to the manager.

The manager says, "I want those two back in the office after lunch."

Moral of the story: Always let your boss have the first say.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:50 PM

Kham is on a distinguished road

Very good. I'm slowly understanding the ways things go... I'm sure someone, shortly, will jump on and say they know the world. But I don't. :-)
Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 PM

Leena is on a distinguished road

This is a very good article. Very helpful. It's something I suspect all along though...555

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/custom/...JR-5&GT1=10466
Old 10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Oracle1o1 is on a distinguished road

When I join my current team I was surprised of how the interview was conducted, it's not so much my boss, he just go and listen, he usually bring two people from my team along and the two people would be the ones interviewing. After the interview they discuss about the candidates openly among our team. We all have a saying on the candidates, it sounds un-tradition but I like it. We basically looking for someone who can get along with us with some basic knowledge of course. This explains how we all have the same sense of humor and get the same jokes.
Element #114 is THE ONE. Go LaoSpirit!
Old 11-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leena View Post
5555....you don't have to fake it, you just ENHANCE it.
hahaha..
i've been missing out.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:21 PM

Leena is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
hahaha..
i've been missing out.

Geeshh...That didn't sound good when you take it out of content like that.

The point is, you shouldn't fake it, you just need to take what you already have and make it sound really good, so it's not lying.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Oracle1o1 is on a distinguished road

The recent trends of HR interiview questions are:
1. Why do you want to leave your current job? <<< expect this question
2. Tell me about your current position
3. What do you think is your greatest strength?
4. What do you think is your weakness?
6. Describe the time the project you most proud of
7. What do you know about us?

There are a few more along these line. What they want is example of what you've done.
What I do is i wrote down the question and try to answer them, practice makes perfect.

After you pass HR questions, then it would be a manager/team interviews, always a two times things now. I never really had to do this before, now I think I am okay with it. The manager/team interview, you can't really practice for, it would be about what you are currently doing.

Be yourself and know your job, what you do, what you want to do. Of course practice some nice B.S words.

At the end, they are still looking for what you can do, experiences count.
Element #114 is THE ONE. Go LaoSpirit!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:55 PM

1kzlao is on a distinguished road

Yeah I have no clue what all those questions are about. They are beyond trick questions and so subjective. Our company here is all about personality tests and traits and stuff. I've taken 3 personality traits since working here. They do say a lot, but you gotta ask yourself what it all really means.

Lately I've been going into interviews with an over amount of confidence I think. I go in with the mind set of I am the best candidate for the job because I have skills and a reputation which is outlined in my resume. But you don't need to take my word for it. We can call my professional references right here right now.

I figure either they'll hire you or they won't. I mean if they're choosing from a pool of candidates and it's going through a hiring panel, thats a different story. But if it's one guy making the decision, then chances are that person knows yes or no within a few mins of talking to you.

Example: I was recently interviewed by a car dealership I worked for way back right out of high school. I knew the people there, I knew the job there, the service manager liked me and really wanted me. So I sat down with the general manager and he interviewed me. I laid out my experience and so forth for him. He came up with one reason why he felt it hard to hire me. I told him, "Look, you have a million reasons to hire me. Your greatest loss will be not hiring me. It's that plain and simple". Granted I didn't get that job. And he did contact me months later to express his regret. But I feel good about it all. Because it's true, I am valuable. And when people pass up that opportunity, it's a huge mistake on their part.